Gatherings of Highly Sensitive People:
For dates, locations and further information on HSP Gatherings, please visit Jacquelyn Strickland's website at http://www.lifeworkshelp.com/hspgathering.htm
Currently on the schedule:
- The 26th HSP Gathering Retreat near Stockholm, Sweden, May 9-3, 2013 to be held at Harjaro Resort, www.harjaro.se in Enkopking, Sweden.
I plan to be there, hopefully coinciding with the publication of The Highly Sensitive Person in Swedish, where the rights were just sold.
All the details can be found on the Registration Form here: www.lifeworkshelp.com/registration/2013sweden.htm
Click here to read an update from Jacquelyn Strickland.
- The 27th HSP Gathering Retreat, September 26-30, 2013
Loveland, Colorado (only 30 minutes from beautiful Estes Park) To be held at Sunrise Ranch, www.sunriseranch.org Registration Form coming soon.
Other Events Where I Will Be Speaking:
- Kripalu, Western Massachusetts: April 26-28, 2013, a course called "A Weekend for Highly Sensitive People with Elaine Aron." It should be very restful. I love the nourishing food and soft energy at Kripalu, just right for HSPs whether into yoga or not. Call 1-800-741-7353 or register here.
- May 14, Oslo, Norway: I will be speaking in the morning as part of an all-day seminar aimed for professionals (business, health care, psychology, etc.), but also open to the public. It will be at the architecturally renown Oslo City Hall. I will post more as I know more.
- June 21, Walnut Creek, CA: "Elaine Aron Talks about High Sensitivity." Unity of Walnut Creek, 1981 Geary Rd., 7-9 pm, $20. No need to RSVP--this time the room is large. More in May newsletter.
Links and Resources:
For professionals and researchers, see academic and scientific papers listed on Home Page.
ATTENTION: These links are provided as a general information source for the use of visitors to this web site. Neither Elaine Aron, her publisher or her associates have formally evaluated the information provided via these sites. Inclusion of these links DOES NOT constitute an endorsement of any organization. The links provided are maintained by their respective organizations or individuals wishing to be of help to HSPs in their country and they are solely responsible for their content.
- Alice Shannon is the one to turn to for help with HSCs. She's an expert on all facets of children's temperaments and will work by phone with parents from anywhere in the world. You can call her at 1-707-839-0444 or 1-707-822-1716, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tribe is a beautiful publication dedicated to bringing together HSPs, displaying their creativity, and encouraging their collabortion and connection.
- Ted Zeff's web site based on his book The Highly Sensitive Person's Survival Guide with information for HSPs on coping strategies, a healing program for HSPs on CD and individual instruction. Also, help for sensitive boys and sensitive men.
- For complete information on upcoming HSP Gatherings, please visit Jacquelyn Strickland's website at http://www.lifeworkshelp.com/hspgathering.htm
- The American Psychological Association publishes many scientific journals/periodicals including the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology which has carried articles written by Elaine Aron. http://www.apa.org/
- Broadway Books published The Highly Sensitive Person's Workbook and reprinted The Highly Sensitive Person in paperback. They are a division of Random House.
- A free, independently-run email discussion list for HSPs can be found at Yahoo groups. The purpose of the email list is to explore who we are as HSPs and to support each other. To subscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/hspbook/
- A free, independently-run email discussion group for parents of Highly Sensitive Children (HSC) can be found at Yahoo groups. The purpose of this group is to explore what it is to be a sensitive parent of an HSC and to support one another as parents. To subscribe, go to:
International and Foreign Language HSP Web Sites:
Germany, Holland and Switzerland: http://www.susanmarlettahart.com
New Zealand/Australia: http://www.hspnetwork.com.au
Israel: http://anashimregishim.com/ and http://www.sensitive-life.co.il/
Media or Researcher Contact Channels
Media contacts requesting interviews or arranging for possible speaking opportunities, and researchers seeking contact regarding the concept of high sensitivity may write to Elaine Aron at:
2439 28th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
or fill out the Media/Researcher Contact web form.