- A new book and website for parents of highly sensitive children.
As the author of the book and creator of the website, Jamie Williamson explains that he is not an academic or a psychologist. “I am simply a man who feels very passionately about the subject.” He is highly sensitive and so is one of his daughters. And he writes about sensitivity very well.Jamie is reaching out to all parents of sensitive children and is a wonderful resource. As he gets started, he deserves our support. The book is self-published, so it needs us to talk about it in order for it to reach parents. He also accepts guest posts on his blog, so it might be an opportunity for some of you to speak out about your own experiences. I have not read his entire book on sensitive children, but it looks very good.
- Sensitive and Extraordinary Kids: a blog for parents. “….I am the mother of a highly sensitive child. In my blog I openly discuss the challenges that we face and the things we do to try and bring out the best in our sensitive and extraordinary child.”
- Alice Shannon is the one to turn to for help with HSCs. She’s an expert on all facets of children’s temperaments and will work by phone with parents from anywhere in the world. You can call her at 1-707-839-0444 or 1-707-822-1716, or email email@example.com
- Ted Zeff’s website based on his book The Highly Sensitive Person’s Survival Guide with information for HSPs on coping strategies, a healing program for HSPs on CD and individual instruction. Also, help for sensitive boys and sensitive men.
- A free, independently-run email discussion group for parents of Highly Sensitive Children (HSCs) can be found at Yahoo groups. The purpose of this group is to explore what it is to be a sensitive parent of an HSC and to support one another as parents. To subscribe, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hscbook/
- The Highly Sensitive Child is a great resource for parents of highly sensitive children. Their mission is to help parents understand and appreciate their highly sensitive kids, so that they can shine!