The following links are provided as a general information source for the use of visitors to this web site. Neither Elaine Aron, her publishers or her associates have formally evaluated the information provided via these sites. Inclusion of these links DOES NOT constitute an endorsement of any organization. The links provided are maintained by their respective organizations or individuals wishing to be of help to HSPs in their country and they are solely responsible for their content.
These are experts you may find particularly helpful. Some are not licensed therapists, but they have considerable knowledge about HSPs due to their education and experience.
- Tracy Cooper is not licensed to do psychotherapy, but earned his Ph.D. studying HSPs and their careers. He has two books, Thrive: The Highly Sensitive Person and Career, and Thrill: The High Sensation Seeking Highly Sensitive Person. Both are available at audio.com. http://www.drtracycooper.com
- Tom Falkenstein, MA, is the author of The Highly Sensitive Man, which can be found in German, Swedish, and Dutch as well as English. He is an experienced cognitive behavioral psychotherapist who provides information, consultation, and psychotherapy for HSPs (age 18 and up) in both English and German within Germany. He does workshops and talks around Europe—information is on his website, www.hsp-eu.com, and on Instagram, tom.falkenstein. He also has a monthly blog on Psychology Today https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/experts/tom-falkenstein-ma
- Alane Freund, MS, LMFT, is a psychotherapist who specializes in working with HSPs and their partners, also HS children/teens and their families. She often uses EAGALA, equine assisted psychotherapy, to work with the highly sensitive. We have taught several courses together during the last four years, including the HSPs & Horses Weekend Workshops co-created with me. She also offers workshops on her own, locally and nationally, for individuals and groups, and an HSP Empowerment series. email@example.com | heartandmindequine.com
- Jadzia Jagiellowicz, BEd, PhD, is a former educator of the gifted, and earned her doctorate at State University of New York-Stony Brook, studying high sensitivity under the supervision of Elaine and Art Aron. She has since devoted herself to researching this subject and provides research-based workshops, seminars, and courses, as well as consultations and coaching for HSPs, parents, and teachers (although she is not a licensed therapist). She lives in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, but will travel and offers web-based and phone consultations. highlysensitivesociety.com
- Alice Shannon is the one to turn to for help with HSCs, but she consults with adults as well, in person or by phone, about their sensitivity in combination with their other temperament traits. She has been working forty years with all facets of temperaments, so she can be very helpful in the difficult task of sorting out what’s temperament and what’s your history. You can call her at 1-707-839-0444 or 1-707-822-1716, or email firstname.lastname@example.org . She also has a blog, Listening to Temperament.
- Jacquelyn Strickland is a licensed counselor in Colorado who offers phone consultations, coaching, and teleclasses exclusively for HSPs since 2002. She is best known for conducting the invaluable HSP Retreat Gatherings [link]. She is also a Certified administrator of the Myers Briggs and an expert on extraverted HSPs. lifeworkshelp.com
For other helpful people, all over the world, especially for speakers or persons to interview visit here.
Online groups you may find helpful:
- A free, independently-run email discussion list for HSPs can be found at Yahoo groups. The purpose of the email list is to explore who we are as HSPs and to support each other. To subscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/hspbook/
- A free, independently-run email discussion group for parents of Highly Sensitive Children (HSC) can be found at Yahoo groups. The purpose of this group is to explore what it is to be a sensitive parent of an HSC and to support one another as parents. To subscribe, go to:
- There seem to be many groups around the country and on the internet. We do not know their quality, but they may be well worth exploring–for example, you can visit meetup.com or facebook.com and search for “highly sensitive.”
HSP Facebook Groups & Pages:
- African American and Highly Sensitive. We know this affinity group fills a need and hope it keeps growing.
- Elaine Aron and High Sensitivity, moderated by some of the members of the International Consultants on High Sensitivity and focused on the research and my work. From there you will find more Facebook pages by them.
- Sensitive, the Movie, This group is led by Diana Sinelnikova, producer of all of the movies about sensitivity, but it is really about everything going on “HSP” and has lots of followers.
Psychwire interview from October 2020. In this interview Elaine Aron shares how to help clients identify and harness their high sensitivity for positive outcomes.
Interview with Elaine Aron in September 2020 by Introvert Mom offering tools and support for HSP parents.
- A 2013 lecture by Elaine Aron, in Wellington, New Zealand, on the highly sensitive person.